Helping Hands For Seniors Can Find The Community For You
Best Assisted Living Facilities in Portland, OR
Since 2007, Helping Hands For Seniors has helped seniors throughout Portland, OR find the assisted living community that best suits their unique needs. We provide elderly placement services for seniors who need care or a new home. Our elderly care placement agency is state-accredited, locally-owned, and -operated. We will work side-by-side with you and your family to determine your specific needs based on your unique situation. Ultimately, we hope to help determine an assisted living community that is the best fit for your loved one.
What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living is a type of housing that provides long-term, personalized care for seniors. An assisted living center can consist of individual rooms, apartments, or shared spaces. There are various types of assisted living as well, such as veterans assisted living and assisted living for disabled adults. While seniors in assisted living are still active, there are daily-living activities where assistance is needed. These activities can include using the toilet, bathing, and dressing, among others. Senior assisted living facilities provide older adults the care they need in a safe and comfortable residential environment.
What Are The Benefits of Assisted Living?
There are numerous benefits of assisted living communities. Not only do these communities promote senior wellness, but they focus on specific aspects of it, such as physical health, intellectual stimulation, and social connections. Helping Hands For Seniors is dedicated to finding your loved ones a place they can call home – a place where they will be happy, healthy, and well looked after. Additional benefits of assisted living communities include the following:
- Social Life: As we age, it’s common for us to become more isolated. This can lead to numerous problems, including poor health, mobility issues, loneliness, depression, and more. Seniors in assisted living are not prone to social isolation. Being in a community environment, such as the one assisted living centers can provide, encourages participation in social events, as well as becoming involved in a caring and supportive community.
- Safety & Peace of Mind: You can rest easy knowing your loved one is well cared for in a residential environment with professionals who will help them accomplish their daily activities. You won’t have to worry about your loved one falling, getting lost, or taking the wrong medication. Every measure is taken to ensure your loved one is safe and secure.
- Daily Assistance: Within an assisted living community, your loved one will receive 24/7 professional and compassionate care, along with help accomplishing any daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, and eating. Seniors also need and deserve to retain their independence, thrive, and pursue their passions. These communities help facilitate that.
- Increased Activity: Remaining active is essential for seniors. That’s why the best assisted living facilities will offer exercise activities to ensure residents get the most out of their experience. From indoor activities like yoga to outdoor activities like gardening, seniors will experience an array of fun while at their new home.
- Improved Nutrition: Meals at assisted living centers are cooked with senior health in mind. Professionals cater to those in their care because they understand that good food and nutrition are essential. Delicious meals will meet the dietary needs of your loved one.
- Reduced Stress: Studies find that senior assisted living can help reduce stress in seniors while also helping improve the overall quality of life. Seniors will enjoy social interactions, security, and support – all while maintaining their independence
How Does Assisted Living Support Seniors?
Not only does assisted living provide peace of mind for seniors and their families, but it also improves seniors’ quality of life. Assisted living supports seniors by providing comfort and convenience with a wide range of amenities and assistance with activities. These include:
- Assistance with personal care
- Care coordination services
- Medication management
- Mobility assistance
- Nutritious meals
- Social activities
- Transportation options
- Housekeeping services
- Laundry assistance
Why is Assisted Living the Best Fit For Me?
Assisted living provides seniors with social interaction, safety, security, daily activities and assistance, improved nutrition, and a maintenance-free lifestyle. It is a good fit for any senior who needs daily care while maintaining they maintain independence.
What is The Cost of Assisted Living?
Assisted living can be expensive – usually between $5,000 and $8,000 per month depending on care needs and services. But when it comes to our loved ones, we want what’s best for them, and assisted living still runs cheaper than a private room in a nursing home or in home care services. When considering assisted living, it’s essential to determine the financial means to best suit your family.
How We Can Help You Choose An Assisted Living Facility
For more than a decade, Helping Hands For Seniors has assisted elderly adults in finding assisted living communities that best suit their unique needs. Having served the Portland, OR area for many years, we are familiar with the various assisted living facilities throughout the city and the surrounding areas. If you need help choosing an assisted living facility, you’ve come to the right place.